I am truly in love with my new East Cambridge listing. First, because you know I love the neighborhood, and second, because this is one of the most charming, impeccably designed homes I have ever had to pleasure of spending time in. Come visit me at one of the open houses to see for yourself — Saturday & Sunday, 11:30 am – 1 pm!
32 Second Street, Unit 2, Cambridge
A little bit of Beacon Hill in the heart of East Cambridge! This gorgeous duplex unit in a charming 19th century brick rowhouse is a rare find in the Cambridge market. Fully-renovated in 2011, it has been meticulously maintained and tastefully customized by its current owners. Just to name a few of the home’s many desirable features… hardwood floors, one gas and one wood-burning fireplace, a wall of built-in bookshelves in the living room, an airy modern kitchen with beautiful finishes, a private master suite on the upper level, large second bedroom and great study on the first level, mini-split a/c units in three rooms, ample storage and plenty of windows throughout. Home also comes with an off-street parking space! All this in a vibrant Cambridge neighborhood with easy access to many shops, parks, the Charles River, restaurants, and cafes, plus MIT, the Red Line at Kendall AND the Green Line at Lechmere. Walkscore = 92 (“Walker’s Paradise”)
Year built/converted: 1839 / 2011
Bedrooms: 2 (+study)
Living area: 1400 SF +/- per Master Deed
Parking: one off-street space
2017 Taxes: $2,725 with residential exemption
Listed at $895,000
So much to love in this amazing neighborhood!
- Abigail’s Restaurant – eat and enjoy craft cocktails indoors or on the patio
- Cambridgeside Galleria — 120 stores and restaurants under one roof and at your disposal
- Charles River Canoe & Kayak — paddle the Charles for a unique view of Boston, the Zakim Bridge, MIT and more!
- Desfina Restaurant — this family-run taverna is great for casual and amazingly good dining
- Farmer’s Market at Kendall Square — great seasonal option for local produce, baked goods, and artisanal delights
- Fuji at Kendall — upscale sushi and Asian fusion just down the block
- Kendall Square Cinema — THE Cambridge destination for independent and foreign films
- Lone Star Taco Bar — this new addition to the neighborhood is already a local favorite
- Multicultural Arts Center — this local treasure offers a regular program of dance, music and theater
- New Deal Fish Market – come visit Carl at this third-generation family business with the best fresh seafood in Boston
- North Point Park – this great urban park on the banks of the Charles has gardens, a playground, dog-friendly space and a footbridge into Charlestown
- Petsi Pie — conveniently located around the corner on Cambridge Street, Petsi is famous for great coffee, breakfast treats and of course, pie!
- Twin City Plaza — providing the convenience of a grocery store, pharmacy, Marshall’s and a gym, all in the neighborhood
Plus easy access to the Red AND Green Line trains at Kendall and Lechmere.
BONUS: If you need an additional parking space, the First Street garage, just a few blocks away, offers discounted monthly parking to Cambridge residents — $100/month May – November and just $50/month during the winter!