This will be my third experience with this amazing home — first, I helped some clients buy it back in 2013, then I listed it when they relocated from the area in 2015, and now here I am, listing it again! It’s been fun seeing the different personalities the place has taken on with its different owners over the years, and also how much the market value has gone up, along with everything else in Somerville, to be sure, but also maybe a little extra due to all the development in Union Square and the closer-to-reality prospect of a Green Line station right down the block.
But, I digress… Here are the details:
80 Webster Ave, Unit 4D, Somerville
Gorgeous duplex penthouse with private roof deck! Built in 2009 by renowned local builder David Aposhian, this condo features hardwood floors, high ceilings, giant windows and a smart layout with open living/dining/kitchen area, bedroom and a full bath on the first level, and an airy master suite on the second. Other great features include central air, granite/stainless/maple in the kitchen, breakfast bar, subway tiles in the baths, French doors to a Juliet balcony on the first level and a spacious private roof deck with skyline and sunset views on the second. All this in an unbeatable location between Inman and Union Squares, within a mile of Harvard, MIT and the Red Line at Central, and just a down the street from the future Union Square Green Line Station. Walkscore = 94 (“Walker’s Paradise”). Professionally-managed, pet-friendly association with high owner-occupancy. Free common laundry on each floor, shared courtyard with grills, bike area and private storage in the basement.
Year built/converted: 2009
Living area: 1019 SF +/- per Master Deed
Parking: residents with cars must rent a spot in the adjacent garage for $152/month
Condo fee: $470 / month
2015 taxes: $4,183 with residential exemption
Listed at $735,000
And the neighborhood is amazing! Here are just some of the great local spots…
- Atwoods Tavern—great local pub with live music, good food and a great outdoor patio
- Be Yoga—offering Vinyasa yoga for all levels
- Bloc Café—great coffee shop housed in a former bank, with wifi, art exhibits and frequent live music
- Bom Café—cozy neighborhood café where the food is homemade and service is friendly
- Brooklyn Boulders—Somerville’s very own rock climbing gym and multi-functional community space
- Capone Foods—get your fresh pasta, cheeses and specialty items here—you can even take cooking classes!
- Clover Food Lab—hip spot for a quick, healthy, casual meal or snack
- The Druid—pub featuring celtic music, trivia, sports, great fare and a friendly vibe
- Market Basket—people drive for miles for this grocery store’s fresh produce and super low prices
- Prospect Hill Park—tranquil park with great views of the Boston skyline
- Puritan & Company—consistently ranked as one of the best new restaurants locally and nationally
- Ricky’s Flower Market—fantastic selection of flowers, plants and herbs
- Seasonal Farmer’s Market in Union—offering fresh fruit, vegetables, breads and live music May – November
… and too much more to mention!