Looking forward to beginning showings at this lovely home on Friday — it’s got such great old-world charm and amazing light. It also has a huge yard, so for any aspiring gardeners out there, lots of room to play!
Open houses Sat & Sun, January 27 & 28, 12 – 1:30 pm.
55 Menotomy Road, Arlington
This lovely Dutch gambrel in the Brackett school district offers a host of appealing features – beautiful hardwood floors, lots of windows, original woodwork and a smart, flowing layout. On the first floor you’ll find a living room with fireplace*, dining room with built-in corner cabinet, eat-in-kitchen, half bath and a sun room perfect for a home office or children’s play area, plus a great front entry hall with coat closet and a convenient back mudroom for easy access from the driveway. The three bedrooms are upstairs, along with a full bath, linen closet, and a back deck overlooking the large flat yard. Tons of storage in the spacious attic and walk-out basement. Great Arlington Heights neighborhood near schools, several popular parks / playgrounds, and just a mile to the many great restaurants and shops in Arlington Center.
Living area: 1451 SF +/- per public record
Parking: driveway accommodates up to 3 cars
2017 taxes: $6,962
Listed at $699,000
So much to love about this amazing location!
- Brackett Elementary, Ottoson Middle and Arlington High School are all nearby
- Your choice of several great local parks: Cutter School Park, Menotomy Rocks and Robbins Farm
- Or get your nature fix on the water at Spy Pond or the Mystic Lakes
- “Best of Boston” winner Blue Ribbon BBQ is just down the street for eat in, take out and catering
- Two great grocery options with Whole Foods Market & Trader Joe’s right in the neighborhood
- Plenty of coffee shops for your caffeine fix: Cafe Nero, Barismo, and Kickstand Cafe, just to name a few
- Many nearby highly-acclaimed restaurants including Tryst, Tango, Acitrón, Punjab, Madrona Tree, Fusion Taste
- Movies at the circa-1925 Capitol Theater (with ice cream parlor!) in nearby East Arlington
- Easy access to the Minuteman Commuter path just across Mass Ave on Brattle
- Direct bus service to Alewife and Harvard just down the block