When my clients and I found their Medford home in 2015 it was, shall we say, in need of a little love. A true *grandma* house that hadn’t been touched in years, it was clear that whoever bought it would be taking on a project that would involve some serious time and money. Here are a couple interior pix to give you an idea:
There were many long and detailed discussions between my clients and I before they finally decided to bite the bullet — although the work was somewhat daunting, the house had a lot of space and great bones and they loved the location — a small residential cul-de-sac in the Tufts area of Medford. Fast forward a couple years and voila!
7 Sturtevant Terrace, Medford
This spacious home in the Tufts-area of Medford may be just what you’re looking for! The owners have already completed major aspects of home renovation — wiring, plumbing, systems, walls — plus opened up the main floor, remodeled the full bath, added a half bath, plumbed for an a future master bath, and brought the laundry up to the first floor. Due to a job opportunity out of state, they are selling before they’ve renovated the kitchen, allowing a lucky new owner to design it exactly as they’d wish, either now or at some point in the future. Top this all off with a lovely new front porch, level fenced-in back yard and off-street parking for two cars. Located on a cul de sac in the Tufts area of Meford, 7 Sturtevant has a great neighborhood feel with easy access to shopping, restaurants, several parks/playgrounds, Davis Square and the proposed Green Line Extension.
Bathrooms: 1.5 (plus plumbed for a future master bath)
Living area: 1,757 SF +/- per public records
Parking: 2 off street spaces in driveway
2018 taxes: $5,457
Listed at $699,000
So many great things about this location!
- Danish Pastry House — serving pastries, breads, coffee, tea and fare in a relaxed cafe atmosphere
- Tamper Cafe — this recent addition to the neighborhood is hip spot for breakfast, lunch, coffee or a beer
- Bob’s Italian Foods — serving up amazing take out, catering and provisions for over 80 years
- Several great neighborhood parks and playgrounds — Cummings Park, Capen Park, Barry Playground
- Community swimming and lessons at Tufts pool
- Ample nature and recreational opportunities at The Fells Reservation and Wright’s Pond
- Whole Foods — couldn’t be more convenient at less that a mile away!
- Medford Public Library — a great place to pick up a book, do story hour or game nights
- Plus easy access to all the great restaurants, cafes, pubs and entertainment in Davis Square