As an investment unit, this condo is as solid as they come… smack in the middle of the Harvard/Radcliffe campus, with the Longy School of Music and Lesley University right around the corner, you will never lack for prospective tenants! Or if you just want a piece of Cambridge to call your own, this charming home offers easy living in a professionally-managed building, with low cost of ownership — the $225 condo fee includes heat and hot water, and the taxes, once the residential exemption is in place, would be only around $600 / year!
21 Chauncy Street, Unit 7, Cambridge
The perfect pied-a-terre, investment unit or first home — practically ON the Harvard campus! This charming first floor condo offers a smart layout that maximizes its square footage, a renovated kitchen with room for a small table & chairs, a sweet living room with three large windows and a fireplace, and a cozy bedroom that can fit a queen-sized bed. Surprisingly ample storage between the cabinets, closets, built-ins and large basement storage unit. Housed in a classic Cambridge turn-of-the-century brick building ideally situated in the Radcliffe neighborhood, just minutes from from Harvard Law, Lesley University, and the Longy School of Music, and a half mile from the Harvard Square T. Not to mention the many great cafés, restaurants, pubs, parks and entertainment venues in every direction. Professionally-managed building with many recent updates, coin-op laundry and bike storage. Condo fee includes heat & hot water.
Living area: 485 SF +/- per Master Deed
Parking: on-street permit
Condo fee: $255 / month
2018 taxes: $2,680 without residential exemption (with residential exemption, would go down to ~ $600!)
Listed at $475,000
Access all the best of Harvard & Porter Squares!
- Hi-Rise Bread Company – this family-owned bakery will be your brunch standby!
- Temple Bar – casual neighborhood pub with seasonal outdoor seating
- Cambridge Common – this lovely 16-acre park is a great place to relax, just around the corner from home
- Harvard Book Store – founded in 1932, a destination for books and author events
- Shaw’s Supermarket – grocery shopping is just down the road in Porter Square
- Tags Hardware – this neighborhood resource sells everything from sandpaper to dishes
- Toad – cozy bar with free live music every night of the week
- Healthworks – great women’s fitness center serving residents for 30+ years
- The A.R.T. – this award-winning theater has been the launching point for numerous Broadway hits
- Plus tons of other great restaurants and shopping in nearby Harvard & Porter Squares!