If I lived here, I would probably eat at Desfina way too much — it’s one of my favorite local spots and right on the corner — but that is only one of the amazing selling points of this great East Cambridge single-family…
210 Third Street, Cambridge
Your dream home & garden in East Cambridge awaits! This charming 19th-century brick rowhouse is a rare find in the Cambridge market: historic character and yet fully renovated and meticulously maintained. Among the many great features of this 2+ bedroom home: exposed brick, hardwood floors on the first two levels, two gas fireplaces, a private master suite on the top floor with brand new berber carpet, a great functional basement and an AMAZING private brick courtyard and garden. All this in vibrant East Cambridge with easy access to many shops, parks, the Charles River, restaurants, and cafes, plus MIT, the Red Line at Kendall AND the Green Line at Lechmere. Walkscore = 93 (“Walker’s Paradise”). Be sure to ask agent about local garage parking options.
Year built/converted: 1826
Bedrooms: 2 (+study)
Living area: 1,144 SF +/- per public record
Parking: street permit parking / ask about local garage options
2017 Taxes: $3,305 with residential exemption
Listed at $889,000
So much to love in this amazing neighborhood!
- Abigail’s Restaurant – eat and enjoy craft cocktails indoors or on the patio
- Cambridgeside Galleria – 120 stores and restaurants under one roof and at your disposal
- Charles River Canoe & Kayak – paddle the Charles for a unique view of Boston, the Zakim Bridge, MIT and more!
- Desfina Restaurant – this family-run taverna is great for casual and amazingly good dining
- Farmer’s Market at Kendall Square – great seasonal option for local produce, baked goods, and artisanal delights
- Fuji at Kendall – upscale sushi and Asian fusion just down the block
- Kendall Square Cinema – THE Cambridge destination for independent and foreign films
- Lone Star Taco Bar – this recent addition to the neighborhood is already a local favorite
- Multicultural Arts Center – this local treasure offers a regular program of dance, music and theater
- New Deal Fish Market – come visit Carl at this third-generation family business with the best fresh seafood in Boston
- North Point Park – great urban park on the banks of the Charles has gardens, a playground, dog-friendly space and a footbridge into Charlestown
- Twin City Plaza – providing the convenience of a grocery store, pharmacy, Marshall’s and a gym, all in the neighborhood
Plus easy access to the Red AND Green Line trains at Kendall and Lechmere.
BONUS: the First Street garage, just down the street, offers discounted monthly parking to Cambridge residents – $100/month May – November and just $50/month during the winter!