It’s always fun for me to list homes that I helped people buy. In this case, my clients and I found this great condo back in 2014 when they were looking for their first home — it was a brand new renovation / condo conversion and they were really excited to be the first owners. Now, four years, a marriage and a baby later, it’s time to sell, and I’m looking forward to seeing who will be the next luck owner(s)!
47 Fairfax Street, Unit 1, Somerville
Amazing value for a spacious, turnkey 2-bedroom Somerville condo! Fully-renovated in 2014, this beautiful first floor unit features a private entrance, smart layout with nicely proportioned rooms, high ceilings, gleaming wood floors and plenty of windows throughout. The lovely shared yard is a perfect retreat for outdoor dining, gardening and relaxing, and the basement offers your own private laundry and ample dedicated storage. Great location on a one-way residential side street in West Somerville close to all the great cafes, pubs and restaurants in Teele Square & Davis, with easy access to Tufts University, East Arlington and the Commuter Rail in West Medford. Plus the proposed Green Line Station at College Ave will be less than a mile away! 100% owner-occupied and pet friendly association.
Living area: 903 SF +/- per public records
Parking: street with resident permit
Condo fee: $173 / month
2018 taxes: $2,340 with residential exemption
Listed at $529,000
- Great coffee options with Danish Pastry House & Tamper Cafe just a few blocks away
- Need groceries? Whole Foods, Stop & Shop & the Medford Farmer’s Market are all conveniently within a half mile from home
- Just over a mile to the Somerville Theatre and all the great restaurants, cafes, pubs and entertainment in Davis Square
- Under a mile to the Capitol Theatre in East Arlington
- Several great neighborhood parks and playgrounds
- Multiple commuting options with easy access to I-93, the Red Line at Alewife and the West Medford Commuter Rail
- And if biking’s your thing, the Alewife Brook Greenway (right across the parkway!) will bring you to Alewife Station and/or connect you to the Somerville Community Path and Minuteman Path