I always love listing the homes I helped my clients buy, so looking forward to showing this great condo. It was a great find when my clients bought it back in 2010, and the improvements they’ve made over the years make it even more amazing now — from the gorgeous new kitchen and bath to the high-efficiency gas heating / HW system (converted from oil in 2011) and the brand new roof, you will not want to miss this home!
Come check it out at my open houses Saturday, May 4 & Sunday, May 5, 12 – 1:30 pm
42 Grafton Street, Unit 1 East Arlington
Looking for a blend of period detail and modern appeal in an amazing East Arlington location? This home has it! Among the many great features of this 2-bed unit: a lovely foyer with built-in secretary, spacious living room with bay window and stained glass transom, dining room with wainscoting and built-in china cabinet, a 2014-renovated kitchen with large pantry, and a newly-renovated bathroom. Unit 1 gets half the basement with private laundry and great space for a home gym and workshop — plus tons of storage! Outside there are common front and rear porches and a fenced back yard, one garage parking space plus half the driveway. Recent updates include new roof (2018), high-efficiency gas boiler w/ indirect HW heater (2011) and new insulation (2011). All this in vibrant East Arlington with its many shops, restaurants, Capitol Theatre, many local parks and Spy Pond! Close to Arlington Center with easy access to the Alewife T Station just a mile away via the commuter / bike path.
Bathrooms: 1 full
Living area: 1,225 SF +/-
Condo fee: $205/ month
Parking: 1 garage space + 4 spaces in driveway
2019 taxes: $5,409
Listed at $649,000
So many great things about this East Arlington location:
- Capitol Theater – this great little 1925 movie theater (with ice cream parlor!) is just up the street
- Minuteman Trail – access to this biking / walking trail is right across Mass Ave
- Quebrada Baking Company – breakfast treats, specialty coffees and gorgeous desserts abound…
- Spy Pond & Mystic Lakes – two great options for boating and enjoying a little nature
- Kickstand Café – a great little coffee shop right on the bike path – and free wifi!
- Blue Ribbon BBQ – this “Best of Boston” winner is a local fave offering eat in, take out and catering
- Chilly Cow – serving locally made ice cream and other frozen desserts – yum!
- Tryst – this popular bistro and bar may become your favorite local spot
- Trader Joe’s & Whole Foods – two great grocery stores conveniently nearby
- Exactly 1 mile to the Alewife Red Line Station—one stop from Davis Square, three stops to Harvard, and a quick trip into Boston!