I love an excuse to hang out in Inman Square, surrounding by so many of my favorite restaurants! And this gorgeous loft is in one of my favorite Cambridge condo buildings — The Chocolate Factory — a historic 19th-century building converted into loft condos about twenty years ago. It’s my third time listing in the building and I’ve gotten to know and love it so much over the years. Not only is the building an amazing space, but the sense of community among the residents promoted by the common outdoor patio and gardening area just gives it a great homey feeling.
Come check it out at my open houses:
- Thursday, May 30, 12:30 – 1:30 pm
- Saturday & Sunday, June 1 & 2, 12 – 1:30 pm
253 Norfolk Street, Unit 1-4, Cambridge
This dramatic and spacious home — ideal for entertaining — features a flexible open layout, large windows and soaring ceilings with exposed beams. You’ll love the stylish kitchen with its sleek island/breakfast bar, and the serene bedroom offering a full wall of custom closets, including a walk-in with deep overhead storage. Other perks include central air, off-street parking and a great common patio for lounging and grilling plus an area to garden! Located on a tree-lined side street in vibrant Inman Square with its many cafés, restaurants and shops, and midway between Central and Union Squares. The Red Line T at Central is only a half mile away, and both Harvard & MIT are within a mile. Walk Score = 93 “Walker’s Paradise” and Bike Score = 99 “Biker’s Paradise.” Well-run, professionally managed association — which has just completed extensive building upgrades inside and out — makes this a great option for owner-occupants and investors.
Bathrooms: 1 full
Living area: 948 SF +/-
Condo fee: $517/ month, includes heat and hot water
Parking: 1 off-street space
2019 taxes: $1,529 including residential exemption
Listed at $675,000
So much to love in this fun, hip neighborhood!
- Kendall Square Cinema—THE Cambridge destination for independent and foreign films
- TWO Whole Foods within a half mile
- Inman Square Hardware & City Paint—you don’t need to travel far with these uber-convenient shops nearby
- Seasonal Farmer’s Markets in Kendall Square & Central Square—two easy options with fresh fruit, vegetables, etc., May – November
- A great brewery/coffee shop right in the hood: Lamplighter
- Amazing local restaurants including: Oleana, Koreana, Bondir and Lord Hobo
- Donnelly Field with a playground and plenty of space for dogs to play
- Several yoga studios from which to choose: Art and Soul Yoga, YogaWorks, or Bow Street Yoga