It’s hard to find a 3-bedroom condo in Somerville for under a million — they tend to all be “luxury” renovations with 1,700 – 2,000 SF and are out of reach for many homebuyers. My new listing is a rare exception — a smaller-scale 3-bed at 1,130 SF, it’s layout wastes no space and allows for a reasonable price point with the benefit of having room for guests, a home office, etc. Definitely worth checking out…
34 Madison Street, Unit 2
Gorgeous 3-bedroom condo with all the bells-and-whistles — just outside of Union Square! This second floor unit offers a smart open layout, high ceilings, wood floors, a gas fireplace and plenty of windows throughout. Fully renovated in 2007, the home is move-in ready and features a modern kitchen w/ new stainless appliances including an induction range w/ double ovens, an en suite master, central air, in-unit laundry, private front deck, great custom closets and additional storage in the basement. Situated on a residential side-street just around the corner from Highland Kitchen :) and only a half mile into Union Square. Enjoy all the benefits of urban living with tons of great cafés, restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues at your disposal. And… the future Green Line at Gilman Square will be under a half mile away! Well-run, pet-friendly association.
Living area: 1,130 SF +/- per master deed
Parking: one assigned off-street space
Condo fee: $259/month
2019 Taxes: $2,575 with residential exemption
Listed at $739,000
So many great places in this amazing neighborhood!
- The Armory – this amazing space offers a winter farmers’ market, live music, arts and community events
- Highland Kitchen – arguably Somerville’s best neighborhood pub with amazing food and cocktails
- 3 Little Figs – great place to grab a quick coffee or bite — don’t miss their spanakopita!
- O2 Yoga – a friendly neighborhood studio with a great schedule of classes seven days a week
- Aeronaut Brewery – great beers and events in nearby Union Square
- Artisan’s Asylum – a “community craft studio” offering space and equipment rentals, classes, and events
- Bloc Café – great coffee shop housed in a former bank, with wifi, art exhibits and frequent live music
- The Community Path – pick it up on Lowell Street and walk, ride or skate all the way out to Lexington!
- Bow Market — wine bar, brewery, maker shops, comedy club — what doesn’t it have?
- Once Somerville — great space with events from live music to food fests